Several Environmentally Friendly Business Options Available...
All of our programs consist of territory configuration or site selection, layout and design, point of sale system with proprietary software, equipment, installation, signage, supplies, marketing and training.
- Earth Friendly Plant - Combine a retail store with your own plant to process your garments & those of other stores. In some areas we have Lapels stores anxiously awaiting your opening. And the best part is that you are operating an environmentally friendly dry cleaning plant. This is better for you, your employees, your customers and your landlord.
- Area Developer Program - Take advantage of the dry cleaning industry's hub and spoke system. Open a centrally located environmentally-friendly processing plant with retail front and then service up to 5 drop stores. Also included is the Lapels Express residential and corporate pick-up and delivery system. It's the best way to really penetrate and control an entire market.
- Retail Store - As a Lapels Dry Cleaning Store Owner, all the work and worry of cleaning and processing garments is left to the experienced professionals. Your time will be devoted to providing the best in customer service while building long term relationships with your customers. Our corporate team will assist you in negotiating with professional Garment Care Specialists to do all of your processing off site. Retail stores are available in select markets only. For availability in your market contact Lapels directly.
Meeting the Diverse Needs of Customers
As full service Dry Cleaners there are many different profit centers available that are all recession resistant.
A Turnkey Business System
- Dry Cleaning
- Shirt Service
- Tailoring & Alterations
- Shoe Repairs
- Leather & Suede
- Fur Cleaning and Storage
- Gown Preservation and Heirlooming
- Laundry Service
Lapels Dry Cleaning has not only pioneered an innovative dry cleaning store concept but has gone one step further with the establishment of trend setting Quality Control, Wholesaler Liaison, Marketing Committees, and Operations Committees chaired by Lapels franchisees, the people at the store level who have a day-to-day hands on knowledge of what the customer wants. No previous industry experience is necessary. Regardless of the program you choose, all Lapels Franchisees enjoy the following benefits:
- A proven business model that is the result of years of refining operation and marketing processes.
- The attention and respect that comes with a branded, professional image
- An Eco Friendly business that is recession resistant.
- The buying power to purchase custom printed items at a low cost
- Ongoing support including open lines of communication via email and telephone to Lapels corporate personnel for ongoing support and consultation, seven-day-a-week computer software technical support, periodic meetings, seminars, and training sessions to learn, exchange ideas, and network with fellow business owners
- Thorough site selection assistance and lease negotiation guidance
- Exclusive, protected territory
- Turnkey store set-up including signage, custom counter set-up, point-of-sale computer system, 24-hour drop box, complete new store supplies package
- Comprehensive training on all aspects of the business
- Unparalleled marketing programs unlike any other in the dry cleaning industry
- Finance Department to assist in creating a plan best suited to fund your new business
- Grand Opening celebration and target marketing campaign
The Lapels® Franchise program offers the stability and success of a nationally recognized brand name in one of the most recession resistant industries. Lapels franchisees benefit from more than 45 years of experience within the corporate team. Lapels has created a brand new experience for the Dry Cleaning Customer. Lapels stores are clean, technologically advanced and offer our customers an efficient and pleasant way to take care of their dry cleaning needs.
Lapels offers a fantastic business opportunity that features solid return on investment, operating margins and is recession resistant. Dry Cleaning is not a fad...it's been around forever and continues to grown despite the economy.
We Believe in a “Greener Future” - Lapels Dry Cleaning is committed to using the most advanced environmental practices and technologies. Our plants use the most technologically advanced machines for maintaining and recycling the cleaning solution. These machines use less cleaning solvent, water and steam and, ultimately, less energy.
Lapels is ranked in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 and has been rated one of the Top 50 Franchises to look for! Lapels Dry Cleaning is also a proud member of the Better Business Bureau and the Dry Cleaning and Laundry Institute. Lapels Dry Cleaners have won Reader’s Choice Awards for the past 7 years!
Advantages of the Dry Cleaning Industry
Lapels Dry Cleaning stores are like no other. We have spent over a decade defining "The Future of Dry Cleaning":
- A highly profitable, 10 billion dollar industry.
- Recession-resistant – no matter what the economic climate, people need to have their ‘dry-clean only’ garments professionally cleaned and pressed.
- Dry Cleaning is the fastest growing franchise in the most profitable and recession-proof industry as rated by Dunn and Bradstreet.
- Perfectly positioned for consolidation. The neighborhood dry cleaner is going the way of the neighborhood coffee shop. Lapels® franchises bring the neighborhood dry cleaner to every community with the support of a major franchise brand.
Progressive In-Store Programs
- Our Boutique Style Stores feature granite counters, pendant lighting, french doors, and etched glass.
- Our Proprietary Enviro Care Cleaning System features the most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly cleaning methods in the industry.
- Our Franchise Owners have multiple revenue streams through ancillary services such as tailoring, home delivery, leather & suede cleaning, shoe repair, as well as Dry Cleaning and laundry.
- Our Hub & Spokes business model gives our owners complete flexibility in building a network of stores that can be serviced by one production facility.
- Our SBA Franchise Registry listing enables us the ability to assist you in getting the best lending package available.
- Our first class marketing programs are the best in the Dry Cleaning Industry.
- Our business model is truly environmentally friendly from the equipment and solvents to the paint on the walls.
Comprehensive Marketing Programs
- New Customer Welcome Envelope – welcomes new customers and introduces them to the various programs and services you offer
- Automatic Rewards – rewards customers based on volume, gets people to come back & bring more with them
- Customer Loyalty Card – keeps people coming in on a regular basis & encourages them to bring larger orders
- Email Tips and Coupons – monthly emails go out to customers with a tip on caring for specific garments along with a special coupon for the month
- Refer-A-Friend – let your customers market for you
- VIP Express Service – 24-hour drop off and quick processing at pickup, never wait in line
- Surgical/Carrier Route Targeted Marketing
- Company Wide Cooperative Mail Programs
- New Homeowner Programs
- Unique Promotions Created for Specific Situations such as “Top 20% Data Base” & “Gas Relief”
- Grand Opening Campaign